Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Frazer's Dad Is an Idiot

Zach Frazer's Dad told Dennis Dodd the following:

"From what we know Sharpley is going to be the guy," David Frazer told me from his office in Harrisburg, Pa. "Jones will be put in for a few trick plays. Clausen won't play this year."

"The way Charlie described it, he doesn't think he has the passing game this year," David Frazer said. "He wants somebody to throw it five yards (downfield). They're going to run it more.
Meanwhile, Zach Frazer said the following:

"I tell everyone the same thing, I don't know who's going to start at Notre Dame this fall. It could be Demetrius Jones, Jimmy Clausen or Evan Sharpley," he said. "To be honest with you, I was shocked when I wasn't named a finalist. But I got over that and accepted that. I really don't know what direction they're going. I'm going to be watching and rooting hard for all of them. But when it happens and they finally do name one guy, I'm going to probably be as surprised as anybody else."

While I would not be surprised to see Sharpley start, it is clear that David Frazer is talking out of his ass. Why on Earth would Weis discuss his quarterback situation with an out-going player's father, and why would that father know more about the situation than his son? It just does not make any sense. My guess is that this is all speculation on David Frazer's part, but he is portraying it as some kind of insider information to draw attention to himself. It is sad really.

Having said that, I wish Zach Frazer the best of luck at the University of Connecticutt. He seems like a good kid who really wanted to be the quarterback at Notre Dame. Although that did not work out for him, he has a golden opportunity at UConn to play in a major conference for a very good coach in Randy Edsall. Hopefully, everything will work out for him, and he will be a star at UConn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home